The Forums are provided as a service for knowledge sharing and support to nurses and health professionals. To ensure their effectiveness all Forum users must follow some simple guidelines. The Forum managers reserve the right to remove posts should they feel that the Acceptable Use guidelines have been ignored.
In general, be civil, reasonable, and helpful. Off-topic, inflammatory, or inappropriate posts will be removed at our discretion.
- Do not post any images,documents, invective or swear words that may cause offence to other users. Please remember that these Forums are accessed by nurses and health professionals from many cultures and what may be acceptable in your own culture may be deemed offensive by others.
- When writing your messages, please use the same courtesy that you would show when speaking face-to-face with someone. Flames, insults, and personal attacks will not be tolerated. It's fine to disagree strongly with opinions, ideas, and facts, but always with respect for the other person. Posts with content of this nature will be deleted and may result in the offender being banned from using the Forums.
- The Forum is designed for the use of nurses and health professionals. Please think carefully about which area you are posting your message into and whether it is relevant to that area or to the Forums as a whole. Inappropriate and/or irrelevant posts will be deleted or moved.
- Do not use these Forums for the advertising of goods for sale or rent.
- Requesting that copyrighted material be copied and sent for you to use is also illegal.
- If you feel another user is harassing you, do not retaliate. Inform the site team via the 'Contact us' form.
- Please confine discussion relating to a specific subject to a specific Forum. If you feel a particular subject may be of interest to all users, post it within the General area. Do not create multiple identical posts in other Forums, as this will be considered spamming and any or all of your posts may be removed.
- Please note that messages express the thoughts of the writers, not Nurse Learning as a whole.
- Forum managers reserve the right to remove or edit any post without warning, although it is courtesy when editing a post to give a brief explanation of your reasons for doing so.
- Please remember that the Forums are an open internet discussion and resource area and as such could be accessed by any Internet user. Do not use actual names of patients or any individuals / departments when discussing subjects that require confidentiality as this may cause offence or be illegal. Instead, use basic aliases or couch your discussion in general terms.
- Respect copyright, and don’t reproduce material from elsewhere on the Internet without referencing the source. It is better to link directly to the original source.
If you have any questions regarding the content of a topic, or reply you would like to post, then please use the 'Contact us' form and we will be happy to help.
Back To Top