Forums » Palliative Care » Communication » Looking for information related to cancer!!

» Sign in to Watch or Stop Watching this Topic by email

1. Looking for information related to cancer!!

• Sep 25, 2008 @ 8.50am by Oswald John (United States)
    • 1 Post

I am a teacher, and love to read articles and books. I just need help from you people; actually I want to learn about cancer. Cancer is a disease and the cure is in debates. I want to now about the disease in more detail and want to know the in and outs of cancer. Friends I just want to know a source where cancer patients share their experience and problems, cancer symptom, what they fell and all. Hope you guys will help me.

Thanks a lot!!!

• Sep 25, 2008 @ 9.03am by Ray Irving (United Kingdom)
    • 275 Posts (Administrator)

Hi Oswald

As you may know, there are millions of sites regarding cancer on the Internet, but the following two links may give you a good start in learning more about cancer (the first link is US, and the second is from the UK):

American Cancer Society

CancerHelp UK

Good luck with your research.

Best wishes

Ray

2. I have found Cancerbackup a useful and infomative site
    UK based site

Denise

• Sep 25, 2008 @ 3.34pm by Ray Irving (United Kingdom)
    • 275 Posts (Administrator)

Agreed, Cancerbackup is a great site. I didn't include it this morning because I couldn't access it. Here is the link:

Cancerbackup

Best wishes

Ray

Edited: Sep 25, 2008 @ 4.30pm

• Nov 22, 2008 @ 2.52pm by Anne Duell (United Kingdom)
    • 1 Post

As a student nurse with an interest in on cology I would certainly also recomend cancer bacup as a good starting poing.Best wishes in your search. Anne

• Nov 24, 2008 @ 8.02am by Helen Gray (Australia)
    • 3 Posts

I agree that Cancerbacup is a great site,Regards,Helen

3. Macmillan Cancer Support took over CancerBacup a while ago and although the booklets may still be under the CancerBacup name, Macmillan Cancer Support has a super site which includes cancer information, support, campaigning, forum etc

Forums » Palliative Care » Communication » Looking for information related to cancer!!